Relief from Chronic Back Pain in McKinney, TX
At Lundin Chiropractic, we specialize in treating back pain, disc conditions, and other spinal conditions. Our treatments provide non-surgical solutions to these conditions that address the source of the pain. Surgery should always be a last resort when treating back pain.
The spine supports the weight of the body and is involved in bending, twisting, walking, and most other movements. Since the spine is interconnected with the nervous system, back and spinal conditions can cause health issues that often impact the entire body. Back pain can impact sleep, work, spending time with loved ones, and generally make living a healthy, active life difficult.
Some of the symptoms associated with back pain include pain while standing or sitting for too long, pain when bending and twisting, pain while running or doing other physically demanding activities, and pain after sleeping. Pain and stiffness may be present in the lower back, upper back, neck, and shoulders. Sharp pains may also shoot down the legs and arms.
Many people live with chronic back pain for years. Back pain may be a result of an injury, wear and tear, age-related health issues, and other common back conditions. Some common back conditions include:
- Sciatica pain: causes pain and numbness down the leg from the lower back along the sciatic nerve.
- Herniated or bulging disc: a condition that puts pressure on the nerves located around spinal cord.
- Degenerative disc disease: characterized by a loss of cushioning between vertebrae.
- Facet syndrome and spinal osteoarthritis: degeneration of the cartilage between spinal joints.
- Spinal stenosis: characterized by a narrowing of the spinal canal, which puts pressure on the nerves.
- Spondylolisthesis: a condition where a vertebrae slips forward onto the bone beneath it.
Our experienced team will examine your back condition, help relieve your pain, and get you on the path to health and wellness. We treat back conditions with effective, non-surgical solutions that address the source of the pain. Our treatments require little to no recovery time and do not call for costly prescription pain medications that simply mask the pain.
Some of our treatments that help patients recover from and repair back pain conditions include:
- Chiropractic care: relieves pain, improves circulation, aids the immune system, reduces inflammation, and provides many other health benefits, such as relief from stress and tension.
- Spinal decompression: relieves pressure and tension in the spine, reduces pain, increases circulation, and helps bring nutrients and oxygen to the spine to improve healing.
- Cold laser therapy: stimulates healing in damaged tissues and cells, improves nerve function, reduces pain and inflammation, and improves vascular activity.
To learn more about what we can do for your back pain, please contact us for a free consultation at the link below.